As a Professional Home Stager I feel passionately about the industry & I’m all for spreading the word & telling others about the benefits of Home Staging , but please, don’t just take my word for it! The Home Staging Association of the UK & Ireland (HSA) publish a yearly report of facts & figures gathered from UK Estate Agents & Property Developers.
I have written a separate blog page and included links to the HSA reports. It makes for a very interesting read!
Here are a few snippets from the HSA reports I thought I’d share with you…
- 75% of Estate Agents said that Staged properties saw an increase in offer value (2020)
- Increases in offer price were seen anywhere from 1 to 10%
- 80% of properties that are staged go under offer in the first 4 weeks of being on the market
- 100% of Agents agreed that Home staging makes it easier for a buyer to visualise a property as their future home
- 94% of Agents agreed that staging increases the number of viewings
- 100% agreed that properties with professional photos get more viewings
- 86% of Agents agreed that Staged homes sell faster than non-staged, on average 1-2x faster but in some cases up to 3x
- National statistics show that in a hot market staged homes sell for more than the marketed un-staged competition. In a slower market staged homes stay on the market less time & therefore are less likely to experience a price reduction versus the un-staged competition
Having personally witnessed the positive impact that Home Staging has on property & seen the results that it brings, I feel that everyone should be made aware of the service & its benefits.
Example, case study… offer accepted over the asking price
An example of one of the properties I helped to prepare for sale last year sold within days of going on the market! It was a lovely spacious family home, in a good location, but looking tired, cluttered & in need of a little TLC. Following my visit to the property & a detailed property report along with photographs, the owners got to work & put the changes & recommendations in place, which was all achieved on a low budget within a month. On revisiting the property, immediately the implemented changes made a huge difference. The property photographed really well & on going to market the Agents received lots of interest. Within a very short timescale several buyers had entered into a bidding war which pushed the price above & beyond the owner’s expectations & an offer was accepted on the property! The home owners were delighted & this enabled them to move on to their next property with ease. Also, as they had already done a lot of the decluttering & organising whilst preparing their house for sale, the actual move was a lot less stressful!
Take a look at the after and before images below…….
Home Staging needn’t be expensive & the return on any time or money spent should definitely be seen as an investment rather than an expense or inconvenience!Home Staging will always be cheaper than the first price reduction, helps to ease the stress associated with selling & enables people to move on!
As always, if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to get in touch, details can be found on our contact us page www.coastalhomestyling.co.uk/contact